xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:20 am 

It`s Never Good to Mislead the Court..

Quote:
The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has ruled against Jehovah's Witnesses' Chief General Counsel, Philip Brumley. On April 14th, 2023 Brumley, the top attorney for the JWs and overseer of their international Legal Department, was fined over $154,000 by Federal Judge Susan Watters for submitting multiple misleading and false affidavits in two Montana child abuse cases. Brumley attempted to convince the Court that Watch Tower Pennsylvania had no involvement with JW congregations in the 1970s and 80s, and should be eliminated as a defendant. However, documents obtained by attorneys for the abuse victims made strong connections between the Pennsylvania corporation and Watchtower New York, as well as the day-to-day operations of Jehovah's Witnesses during the relevant time periods.

Judge Watters stated that: "Brumley's actions demonstrate, at minimum, a reckless disregard for providing an accurate and truthful accounting of [Watch Tower Pennsylvania's] role." The smoking gun documents were sourced, not from the Jehovah's Witnesses, but from whistleblowers who left the religion and turned them over to activists supporting abuse victims. Brumley appealed the decision by Judge Watters to the Ninth Circuit, and the Appellate court has dismissed his appeal today. The Jehovah's Witnesses have already paid the fines issued by the court, and Brumley's reputation had been severely damaged due to his misleading and false statements. The two Montana child abuse cases continue to progress toward their respective trials, scheduled for August and September of this year.

Lets try:
When he`s Not Neck Deep In Trouble For Misleading the Court.
Philip Brumley WBT$ / JW Top Attorney goes Door to Door and Misleads Whoever Will Listen to Him.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:38 am 

Even WITH a law degree, THIS man I truly don't understand (peace to you, dear Sher'f, and thanks for sharing this!). I mean, I understand the lawyer mind set (protect your client's rights, even if your client is guilty). We ALL understand the JW mindset (Da Troof IS the Truth becuz JeeHoVah is Gawd but ONLY becuz JeeHoVah is Gawd - Haz absolootly nuthin' ta' do with God and His Son!"). I dunno.

And, yet, maybe I do understand him. Maybe it's a "I don't really wanna be rich because I couldn't really handle being rich; my conscious wouldn't allow it, BUT I can handle LOOKING like I'm rich and being TREATED like I'm rich and the WTBTS can pay be enough so's I can PRETEND (among JWs) that I'm rich and so be treated by THEM 'as if" I'm rich but not really... y'know, like the GB, who aren't rich, either, but treated even more than as if they're rich... like gods... and so I can be treated like I'm a demi-god if I lie for them and try to help them avoid culpability for not just the sheep but even the poor little lambs they abandon to those dastardly wolves that snatch and scatter them all over the place..." thing?

Certainly CAN'T be a "I DO believe in God, I DO believe in God, I DO believe in God" thing. Else, there would be SOME remorse behind that smile, yes? And yet, that's an absolutely genuine smile, dear ones. 100 percent. Absolutely NO regret or HINT of "bad" conscience.

Because he REALLY "believes" there really is NO culpability. For anyone. Including himself.

Yet, another WTBTS atheist grinning at us, dear ones.

But, oh, when the lights come on. Or, rather, when he comes back (John 1:3-9; 8:12; 14:1-4, 6; Matthew 24:29-51).

Too bad, too bad.

Again, thanks for sharing that, dear Sher'f. May JaH and Christ continue to bless and keep you, dear Auntie, and your dear family!

YSFS of Christ,

Shelb